Basic 21st Century Leadership Skills Series:
The Power of Listening
People often think being a good listener is about 3 things:
- Remaining silent while others are talking
- Using facial expressions or verbal cues like “mmm-hmm”
- Being able to repeat what the other person said, word-for-word
Yet surprisingly, those things actually have almost nothing to do with good listening! In fact, some of the best listeners actually go against that common advice. And they enjoy the rewards because of it.
Listening — and I mean really listening — to people like your partner, coworker, boss, or child is perhaps the biggest opportunity in life.
It (1) opens more doors, (2) transforms relationships, and (3) helps you get more of what you want out of life.
Yet, no one ever really teaches you how to listen effectively! There’s no class for “Listening 101”…
What You’ll Learn
- What good listening is (and is not)
- How to understand someone’s full communication
- How to reach an important agreement
- Tools for highly-emotional conversations
- Specific skills for business and negotiation
- Plus hands-on activities that you can practice in the real world
The course consists of 20+ lessons of video teachings with hands-on exercises.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for everyone who wants to improve their listening skills, even if you are an expert listener.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts as soon as you enroll and never ends. It is completely self-paced – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.