- What is agile management? Isn’t agile just for software development only?
- How do I manage my employees when they are all remote and I don’t see them?
- What do hiring, performance management, reward & recognition and budgeting have to do with agile?
- How do I ever get promoted when my manager gives me goals and directives that are in conflict with what my cross functional team needs or wants?
- When performance review time comes, how do I show my accomplishments when I’m helping my teammates half of the time?
- What does organisational structure have to do with agility?
- We are redesigning our office space. Does agile have anything to say about office layouts and designs?
On top of that, I offer the following services both remote and in person:
- Assessments – Through 1-on-1 and team interviews, I work with you to define your goals, define our approach, and collect relevant data. Then I write and present my results in a report, which includes short-term and long-term recommendations, specific actions you can select, and derived metrics from your measurements.
- Coaching – Executive coaching and management mentoring. We’ll talk about what you do now, what the role of a manager is in an agile environment, and how you can get there. Sometimes, you just need to talk to another experienced executive who has encountered similar problems. I can structure a coaching engagement to answer your questions, and help you see how to be most effective. This can be 1-on-1 or a group of leaders in the same organisation.
- Consulting – I help you identify your unique strengths and manage your weaknesses, whether it be leadership skill development, managing your portfolio and projects, managing risks or hiring people. I suggest options for you and you decide on an appropriate set of actions. If you like, I could help you plan how to accomplish those activities and coach you through those changes.
- Talks & Workshops – Are you in leadership? Are you involved in hiring, performance management or budgeting? Do you want to build your remote and distributed agile expertise? Then these are for you. I use stories, interactions, and experiential approaches in my talks to help people learn – sometimes in as little as 20 minutes.
- Facilitation – Do your new-to-remote teams need a little facilitation to get going? Do you have scrum masters, agile coaches or other leaders who need some facilitation help? I facilitate both structured meetings and informal communications. Clients have found my retrospective facilitation especially helpful when it’s a sticky, very complex and highly political project.
Interested? Email me or schedule a time to talk.